Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 21, 2014

Well hello from Hartford CT!

So this week has been a "meh" week. Most of our appointments ended up falling through and there were many cancelled dinners. We've lost contact with a lot of our investigators, which is weird. But there have been some great things that have happened too!

For example N's baptism! It was, of course, stressful as all baptisms are, but it ended up being really good! It was an awesome baptism. I also had this crazy realization that he was born in 2000, which means he's about the same age as Jacob. He just acts SOOO different from Jake so it was a weird epiphany that I had.

The other cool thing that happened is that we got to go to the temple! It was the first time I'd been to the temple in almost a year, so it was exciting to get to do the endowment session again. We went with a couple in our ward who went to the temple for the first time. It was an honor to be there with them. 

So this really cool thing happened a few weeks ago, but I'm only now just realized how cool it was. So there is this singer named Dallyn Vail Bayles (http://www.dallynvailbayles.com/). When I was in the MTC I watched a broadcast of President Monson's birthday celebration on Mormon Channel and this guy sang at it. It was SO GOOD. 

So a few weeks ago we had a sisters conference in the Boston stake center. We were getting ready to leave at the end and suddenly... THERE WAS DALLYN VAIL BAYLES. This guy is like, a broadway singer. Sister H and I, after a bit of deliberation, decided to go and talk to him. We introduced ourselves and told him we loved his music. I'm so happy we didn't decide to just leave, because this guy is amazing! We've been listening to his music all week in the car (He also has three albums out and if you ever feel the need to send me something, buying his music would not be a bad way to go.) 

So now I have met two famous mormon singers.

I love you guys a lot!!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment