Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 22, 2014


This was a great week! We went on exchanges with the English sisters in Worcester. That was fun. We also have a baptismal date! Her name is M. She's been investigating for awhile now, but it's only been recently that she's been ready to take the step to be baptized! It's exciting! She's going to be baptized on October 5, during conference sessions. We're really exciting! We're hoping her dad, G will be baptized too, but we'll see about that.

This transfer we're doing a cool Book of Mormon challenge. We're supposed to read the Book of Mormon all the way through and mark all of the tender mercies of the lord. I've already started and it's been a great experience!

On an exciting note, last night there was a community event in the chapel with Danny Ainge. He was interviewed by Mike Dowling, a retired sports newscaster in Boston, who apparently is pretty famous himself. (He sat next to me at transfer meeting and we talked. I had NO idea who he was) It was a really cool event and a lot of non members came. I made sure to get a picture with Danny Ainge, even though it was kinda blurry(the lighting in the church is horrid) And he signed my planner. Not being a huge sports fan, I don't really know who he is, but I know he's a big deal so I made sure to snag a pic.
 
The really exciting part for me is that Brother Bayles was there. As in, Dallyn Vail Bayles, the singer I've become obsessed with who lives in Boston and resides in my stake. He sang one of my favorite songs, Better Than I. It was amazing, of course. And I got a picture with him too! He's a really cool guy. We talked with him a bit about his mission in Melbourne, Australia. He was telling us about the giant spiders there. Gross. But he's really nice. 

Sorry this wasn't a very spiritual email. I'm doing great though! I love worcester and being an STL. 

Have a great week!

love you all!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment