Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 1, 2014

Well, this is my last email as a missionary.

I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. I'm full of many emotions as I finish my last few days. I'm really excited to go home and see you all again, but I'm really sad to leave New England and take the name tag off. But I know that the Lord has a work for me back home. My full time mission is ending but I have another one waiting for me in Moscow.

Yesterday was my LAST Sunday! It was so weird. As I was walking through the halls, I kept thinking "Next time I go to church will be in Moscow. Next time I take the Sacrament will be in Moscow." My head is having a really hard time wrapping itself around the concept. They asked me to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting and even though I told everybody when I first got here, they were all surprised that I'm finishing my mission. I'm actually kind of surprised at how much they're going to miss me; I've only been here 3 months. But I'm going to miss them a lot. Worcester has been a lot of fun.

These last few days are going to be jam packed. Tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday will be filled with many appointments and service. Wednesday night is transfer meeting. I'll have to get there early since I'm a departing missionary. Thursday I'll be spending the day in the mission home and at the temple. And FridayI'll be on a plane.  I'm mostly packed, I still have some stuff I need to put away, but it shouldn't take me very long.

I had my interview with President on Saturday. I was supposed to have it today but we had a surprise baptism come up that he went to so we did it before the baptism. It was a good interview, nothing crazy. He just thanked me for serving and asked if I had any questions.

Well, the November to Remember has officially ended. Last night we had a "Final Count" Webex. Our goal for the month was 70 baptisms and as of November 30, 2014 we baptized 100 people. One Hundred. We had a closing prayer, thanking Heavenly Father for each baptism. We named each of the 100 in the prayer. It has been such an amazing month of miracles. In the last webex, they were telling us about a girl who was completely ready for baptism but was waiting for her birthday in April, went to someone else's baptism and after was challenged by the missionaries to be baptized that very night. And she was. So everybody went back to the chapel for her baptism. Here in Worcester, there was a girl who has been taking the discussions for a while decide this week that she wanted to be baptized on Saturday. The elders and the sisters were planning all week for it. It was a wonderful baptism. 

I have been in such awe of the marvelous work and a wonder that is coming to pass here in this mission. Not only did we completely surpass our goal for November but we have set many many dates for the month of December too. The Lord has raised our sights and we are more aware of what we can do together. It was the best last month ever.

We were really excited because M was able to make it to church yesterday! She came in a cute purple dress and she was beaming the whole time. She LOVED it and everybody loved her! She was telling everyone in our gospel principles class about how much she has changed since meeting with us and how she really wants to get Sundays off so she can come to church every week. We had a proud missionary moment.

There were very few changes in our district this transfer. I'm going home and Elder H is getting transferred to Peterborough, NH. Sister B has been released as Sister Training Leader (for now) and the new Hermana who is coming is Hermana C. I'm so excited for them! I can't remember if I told you this, but as it turns out, Hermana C is from Chile and lives within the Rancagua boundaries! Our paths never crossed in Chile, but we have a lot of mutual friends. Her and Sister B are going to do great things here. I'm excited for them.

Hope you have a great week! See you soon! :)

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment