Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 2, 2013

This week was officially the worst week of my mission. This sector is a difficult one. Despite have a hard time, my companion and I are pushing forward and trying to have faith to find new investigators. But it was definitely a hard week. It's been super duper hot here. I can say that before this sector, I really did not understand Celcius. 34 degrees for me is cold. But in Celcius it's SUPER HOT!!!!!!!!! Like, 98 degrees. The last few days have all been above 90 degrees. The sucky thing is walking in the bright sun all day gives me a headache. But that's the life of the missionary.

Okay, TB news. This is a super long and complicated process. Right now we have to get permission from the Chilean government to take these medications. so today my companion and I are off to Santiago with President and Hermana Warne. I'm the pilot test apparently. If we can get permission for me to take the meds, we can get permission for all the other missionaries too. It has something to do with how the Church and American government deal with TB. The standard is higher in the US (and the church has the same standard) so if a US citizen can get permission, the latinas can too. Or something like that..... the really unfortunate thing about this whole process is it has nothing to do with the meds. It's all politics. It doesn't matter if we're dying, if the i's aren't dotted and the t's crossed, we can take the meds. So that's where we're at right now. I'm really not sure what my function will be today, but I kind of feel like I'm on some crazy secret mission to infiltrate the Chilean government.

This week with M and J was almost scary. Okay, with J we're fine. That girl has experience a change of heart. I'm slightly bummed that I didn't know her before. My companion was telling me that at first she didn't want anything to do with the church (her dad was recently re-activated. the sisters were meeting with him for a while before working with J and M) but now she is studying and learning every day. I feel like it would be better if she taught US the lessons.
M however is being a bit of a punk. This kid is crazy. He's 13, the same age as Jake, but he acts like he's 18 or 20. He has a group of really sketchy friends that all drink and smoke. He is doing really great, but when he hangs out with his friends, he falls. Last week he had problems with the Word of Wisdom and we almost dropped him. He came to church yesterday and after we asked him was his final say was and he said he wanted to be baptized! So we're going to keep working with him. We need to take a different approach though because he has the attention span of a 2 year old. He doesn't remember any of the lessons we've had with him so we're going to have to go over them again. He's a funny kid though. We're hoping that he'll be able to be strong and find new friends that won't be a bad influence on him.


 Earlier this week, our district leader received revelation that we're were going to find one of God's elect this week. We searched and searched and searched. We have a lot of possiblities, but we didn't officially find them. Until last night. It might be too soon to say, but I think we might have found our golden investigator. Her name is  and she lives really close to us. It was the frist time I've taught the Restoration and actually had someone really understand the significance of it. When we recited the first vision, the spirit was really strong. She still has a few doubts, but she's willing to pray and ask Heavenly Father if our message is true. It was a good lesson.

I'm glad you're all doing well and that you got to see the family! Tell everyone I love them! 

So now I'm off on my secret mission to infiltrate the government! I'll let you know how it goes next week :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! LES AMO MUCHISIMO
Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment