Sunday, April 20, 2014


April 7, 2014

Okay, confession. I've been avoiding this confession because I don't want to worry you mother, buuuut Hartford is really ghetto. Like, really ghetto. But, we live in an extremely safe and protected apartment complex so there is nothing to worry about. The reason I make this confession is because today we stopped at a Walgreens to pick up something and as I'm parking this woman sitting in a car a couple spots away, gave me the WEIRDEST look ever. I didn't really think that much of it. We went inside and came back out and she was still sitting in her car. I get in to back up and the rule is, the companion who's not driving has to stand outside the car and back the driver up. So my companion is backing me up and the lady in her car shouts, "What're you two white girls doin in the hood?" My companion said, "We're missionaries!" "Oh okay, so you got the Lord on you side so you can preach his word." "Yep! And the hood needs it the most!" This was by far, the best and funniest conversation I've heard on my whole mission. We laughed about it for a few minutes afterwards.

So we don't really live 'in the hood', we live outside the hood, but we usually drive through it everyday. It's really funny though. There are some really great characters that walk around Park St, which is the center of the hood. Of course we always have our doors locked, but we've already had some fun experiences, like giving a homeless guy dinner and a Book of Mormon. You better watch out, I might come home a gangsta, dawg.

So this week has been great! We have a new investigator named S who's awesome! We had a great lesson with her about prayer and the Restoration. We also had a great lesson with an investigator named E. And with our baptism date, N! He's a 14 year old kid who is awesome! It was a really great lesson about the Word of Wisdom. He's getting baptized on April 19th. We're really excited!

Of course, General conference was AWESOME! I watched and understood the whole thing in Spanish! I was pretty proud of myself. I had some of my questions answered, which was really cool. I love General Conference!

Keep doing what you're doing! Don't forget to share the gospel and help the missionaries! Keep reading the book of Mormon and studying Preach my Gospel!!

Love you all!
Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment