Sunday, November 24, 2013



November 18, 2013

The big news is transfers. After 5 months of being in ConstituciĆ³n, I am being transfered! I'm off to Rancagua. My new companion's name is Hermana U. She is from Colombia. It's funny because her companion, Hermana A is coming to Conti. My sector is Manzanal, which happens to be the sector of the president. The lucky thing is I actually have been to my new house. When we went to Rancagua to take out my carnet, we slept in this house. It's a really awesome house, I'm excited to go there. I also know Hermana U, so I'm exicted for that too :)
I was 99% sure I was getting transferred so I had my suitcases almost all the way packed on Friday. Today has been a pretty stress free day.

The other news is this TB business. So I was under the impression that I was getting the x-ray to see if I had latent TB. But apparently is was to see if I have active TB. The x-ray came out clean because obviously I don't have active TB. But because my TTB test came out positive (the one I did in Santiago I few weeks ago), I have to start taking meds. I don't know if there's a way of actually knowing that I have inactive TB, but considering that my TTB test came out positive, they're assuming I have latent TB. The biggest problem is that in Chile, they don't treat latent TB so the medication isn't readily available. I think it's here, but difficult to get. I'm under the impression that that's where we're at right now. Working on getting the medication. But President Warne told me that I should start taking the meds within the next couple weeks. He also told me that I'm famous in Salt Lake right now. Supposedly several of the brethern have seen my name. There's another american that also has to take the meds, but it sucks for the latinas because they all came in with positive TTB tests so they can't take the meds. Supposedly the meds don't work if you've had latent TB for a long time.

So that's where we're at right now. It was actually because of this that I figured I was getting transferred to Rancauga. 

Other than that, everything has been going really well. We had interviews with the president this week and a training with the assistents. It was really cool, I enjoyed it. I've also been studying a lot about attributes of Christ. If you haven't already, you should read that chapter in Preach my Gosple. I love studying the attributes of Christ and trying to apply them in my life. The last couple weeks I've been working on Charity. I particularly love 1 Corinthians 13, which talks about the characteristics of charity. I have been trying to become a person with the same discription, but of course, nobody's perfect.


Hermana Hutchinson


















No comments:

Post a Comment