Sunday, February 9, 2014

Feburary 3, 2014

Whoa, I can't believe K is home already and S got his mission call! That's super cool! Send him a congrats from me and say hi to K for me too. Actually there's a family in one of my wards that's from South Africa. They're really really really cool. I think the weirdest one though is A. What the heck, isn't he only like, 14? You'll have to let me know where he's going.

This week has ben interesting. Sister L, P and I have been getting really close this week. I'm glad to be companions with them, it's been a lot of fun. We've been working a lot with inactives and finding 'lost sheep', or people who are, well, lost. Thursday night we were looking for a guy named J. We knocked on the door to his supposed house and a shirtless man opened the door. It was apparent that he was intoxicated. We asked him if J lived there and he asked, very confused, who J was. So we explained that we're missionaries and we're looking for a member of our church named J. He said he wasn't J, but invited us in. "I'll put a shirt on" he said. We felt a little uneasy about it, but we went in. His mom was sitting at the kitchen table, more intoxicated than he was. They insisted we eat dinner so they filled up three plates and put them in front of us (the food was pretty good.) and started talking about church related things, but it was really funny because they were drunk. They got into a really heated discussion about a church that only steals money from it's members and how it's a horrible church. Then the mom turned to Sister Lima and asked if she spoke Portuguese (this whole event was happening in Portuguese) then asked where she was from. "Mom, they're Mormons," the son replied. "Mormons?! I LOVE MORMONS!!!" She then went on for a good 5-10 minutes about how she loved Mormons and that we were sent from God. It was an extremely funny night and when my companions and I got back in the car, we all burst out laughing and asking each other what had just happened. The good news is that we have a dinner with them tonight. They promised they wouldn't drink, but who knows if they'll even remember us haha.
Everything is going well here on the east coast. It's also snowing here, but it's not been too cold. I'm doing well, adjusting to the new mission. It's a good thing I have good companions and good roommates. I'm also staying plenty warm. We're in the car most of the time, so don't worry at all.

Thanks for all your support! Love you all!

Hermana Hutchinson











No comments:

Post a Comment