Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 8, 2014

First and foremost: transfers. 

As much as I don't want to, I am getting transferred. I'm going to Worcester, MA (pronounced Wooster. the "oo" as in "good". or if you want to say it as they do in New England, Woostah) I'm going to be a Sister Training Leader and I'm finishing a training again. So a STL is a leadership position. I'm in charge of going on exchanges with the Sisters, doing training in our zone training meeting, going to Missionary Leadership Council. I'm basically a sister zone leader, but I don't have to do as much busywork. My new companion's name is Sister Butts.

That's not the crazy part though. Sister B is ALSO getting transferred. She's going to Nashua, New Hampshire. This means they're shotgunning (aka whitewashing) our area and they're bringing Elders in.

Let's just say the branch is sad that they're taking the sisters out, but I really think Elders will be good for this area. There were some people we just couldn't teach effectively because they need guys teaching them.

Yesterday, they threw us a surprise going away party. It was really sweet. Everyone went around and said a few nice things about us. We ate chips and took pictures. S was crying, H was crying and this sweet little 11-year-old who's class we've taught, D was also crying. Okay, actually H wasn't crying, but he almost did. It's really sweet to see the impact you have on people's lives, especially when you didn't think you were really doing anything. We got lots of pictures, and still have more to take in the next couple days. Although I'm devastated to be leaving Hartford, I'm excited to go on to my next new adventure in Worcester!

Our investigators are doing well, we're in the process of telling them all that Elders are coming. H's baptism has been rescheduled for the 20th. We are just worried about his retention. He doesn't really know anyone in the branch so he doesn't have a huge pull to come all the way to Hartford to come to church. Hopefully the elders will be able to help him be more integrated in the branch. I have faith in them. No word on O yet. We were supposed to have an appointment yesterday, but it got cancelled (which was a good thing, or else we wouldn't have been able to go to our surprise party) but we have an appointment with them tonight. And J is going on and off the map. We were supposed to have an appointment with him yesterday too, but he never answered his phone. 

H STILL hasn't gotten his mission call. He was supposed to get it on Friday or Saturday, but he didn't. He probably won't get it before we leave so I'll have to hear about it through the grapevine. 


Well, I'll let you all know how things are going as an STL in Worcester next week! I'm going to miss Hartford so much! Even though this is the most disgusting, ghetto city I've ever seen. It has a special place in my heart :) 

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment