Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 1, 2014

Well we were supposed to go to Boston today. It's a long story, but the end is that we weren't able to go. It's okay, there will be other chances to go to Boston.

So this week was a bit on the crazy side. Thursday we had interviews. Usually interviews for me are pretty uneventful, so I wasn't expecting anything. One of the first things president told me when I walked in is that he's going to transfer me and make me Sister Training Leader. Then, as I found out the next day, he told the same thing to my zone leaders, my district leader and Sister Beatty. So my whole district knows that I'm getting transferred. To where, we don't know yet, but we all know it's going to happen. 

That kind of threw me off, because I LOVE Hartford and leaving is one of the last things I want to do. I'm also too keen on being Sister Training Leader, at least for my last 2 transfers. But I'll accept the call as I'm sure it will be fun. I was a little out of sorts for the rest of the day, though.

That evening was fun because there was a BYU football fireside. BYU played (and creamed) UConn on Friday. On Thursday they gave a fireside. If I liked football more, it would have been cooler, but alas, football just doesn't call my attention. However, it was still an awesome fireside! The coach was there with the whoooole team and the new BYU president was there so it was cool.

We had a great Sunday though! O and R came to church! And H went to church, but to a different ward. Then, this less active who I have never seen at church, just randomly showed up with his two daughters who are not members. It was miraculous! We were both really happy. H also went to church, but he went to a different ward. He's supposed to get baptized on Sunday, but I think we're going to change the date, because we feel like he needs a little bit more time to progress. He's not quite ready, but he's still doing great! And unfortunately, the less active who went to the fireside, did not come to church yesterday. But she'll be there soon.

We met with O and R that night and had a great lesson. We had a really good talk about them getting married. R is still really unsure about it, even though O is all for it. We realized that, even though they're together and they do things together all the time, they don't really have that close of a relationship. So we challenged them to read the Book of Mormon together every day this week to strengthen their relationship and build trust. We testified to them about how studying the gospel together builds relationships and as they seek revelation for their family, they will grow closer. I know that, if not next week, after a few weeks of studying together they'll be coming to US asking to be married. 

And H did not get his mission call. We were disappointed. He better get it before I leave!!!

I'm glad to hear everything is going well at home! Keep up the good work with the sister missionaries! We need the help :)

Have a great week!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment