Monday, January 20, 2014

January 13, 2014


We did have someone come to church with us on Sunday. Her name is M. She's an older woman who has a really hard time understanding things. After trying for 20 minutes, we were unable to explain to her what a prophet is. So we'll be going slowly with her. We also had a really awesome lesson with a gentleman named W. It was when we were doing splits with Hermana G. That was probably the best lesson I've been in. I walked into it not really knowing what I was going to say. But, following the spirit we were able to help him understand more about why we are here on the earth and what our purpose is. He was going to come to church with us too, but couldn't for some reason. We have been working hard on keeping the faith. Heavenly Father has a plan for this sector and we are doing our best to realize that plan, but we have to be patient and do it according to his timing.

This week was interesting. I had 3 different companions haha My companion had a couple different meetings to go to so I did splits with Hermana S! We started in ConstituciĆ²n together. We did splits twice Tuesday and Friday morning. It was cool. Then we did real splits with some hermanas in our zone. I was with Hermana G from Peru for a day. She is pretty cool, but kind of quiet. Then I had my regular companion, Hermana R.

I have started the New Testament and let me say, I am fascinated. I'm accompanying my study with Jesus the Christ by Talmage. If you haven't read this book, you're missing out! It is amazing. Huge, but amazing. And talmage is SUPER smart. I have learned a lot and coupling my study of the N.T. with Talmage has been an exciting adventure.

Right now we're in a town called San Bernardo. Hermana R had to come and pick up her Chilean ID here. It's a fairly big city. There are a ton of people in the street playing music. Including flute. I've never seen anyone in the street playing the flute, but it was cool. We're waiting for the next train the leaves to Rancagua. The ciber we're in it just about as ghetto as it gets. I'm using an old and dirty IBM moniter and the computer is running Windows XP. But it beats the first time I emailed you guys from Chile. That computer was running Windows 95 hahaha

I'm glad you're all doing well. Tell Jake that in Chile soccer is HUGE!! I love playing soccer when I get the chance. It's one of the coolest sports in the world. I'm almost convinced it's the offical sport of the celestial kingdom. Also the Soccer World Cup is coming up in Brazil. Maybe you could try getting him excited for that. Root for Chile!! CHI-CHI-CHI LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE!!!!!!
It's funny because in Chile when someone scores a goal the announcer says:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!

It's my favorite part haha

Keep being awesome family!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment