Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 6, 2014

Happy new year!!!!

I have no idea what's going on with the TB business. No one has told me anything. 

New years was spent in the house. We had to return early--at 7:00. A less active member brought us dinner and we ate and went to bed. It was the most uneventful new years of my life haha but there's always next year.  

Okay, so when we chatted on Christmas. You guys asked if I'd eaten any watermelon. I forgot to tell you last week. But afterwards, the familiy we were with gave us watermelon! I've actually eaten a lot the last couple weeks, which of course makes me the happiest little missionary ever. They cut the rind into big pieces and eat it with a spoon. Exactly how I like it :) the watermelons here are also huge. It's awesome!

So I also can't believe that in two days I'll be hitting 8 months! The time has gone by soooo quickly. Some days I still feel like I'm a newbie. The worst part is that the transfers keep going by faster and faster. I'm going to be on the plane  home before I know it.

My companion is pretty awesome.  We get along really well. The worst part is we're still in the middle of an investigator drought. We're looking though. Searching and searching and searching. The good news is this week we have some appointments with people who could very well progress. Cross your fingers!

News! Yesterday I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish! My next goal is the New Testament. I started it this morning. It's a bit more challanging to read the bible in Spanish, but I've been understanding so far. One of my goals for 2014 is to study the life of Christ. I have another goal to memorize 2 scriptures every week. If you have any requests let me know! Last week I memorized 2 Nephi 31:20 and Matthew 13: 45-46.


I hope you all have a super awesome week!
Love you!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment