Monday, January 20, 2014

Wow.

Well, I'm all packed and ready to go. We're leaving Rancagua at 5pm and the plane leaves at 9:55pm. I've had a lot of things going through my mind the last couple of days. When the president left our house after telling me, the only thing I could do was cry. I thought about all the things I love about Chile, all the people, the missionaries in my mission. And all I could do was cry. But I have been thinking a lot about the will of God and that even though I want to stay in Chile, that's not what Heavenly Father wants for me. He has a plan for me and I can only see what's going on right now. But one day I'll be able to see everything and I'll understand why. I also know that this wasn't a sudden change but the mission that Heavenly Father chose for me since the beginning. My letter should have said Concepción, Rancagua and Boston. Bueno, who knows, maybe I'll get moved again before the end of my mission :) I'm absolutely devastated to be leaving Chile. Chile is my second home, but I'll see everyone again someday. Heavenly Father has sent me to Boston and I'm going to do what he needs me to do. And to be honest, the thought of going to the United States had crossed my mind more that once. The Holy Ghost was preparing me. 

So my unexpected last week in Chile was actually kind of lame. Hermana R's ankle has been hurting her a lot so we ended up staying in the house Wednesay, Friday and Saturday. As a result, we really didn't do much. I guess to look at the bright side, I don't really have any investigators I had to say bye to. Just the ward. (that was difficult. I LOVE this ward) So not much happened this week. Today for p-day, we ate watermelon and churipan--which is sausage and chilean bread (ohhhhhhhh the bread here I will miss greatly.) I have a million and one good memories to take with me. It was an amazing 8 1/2 months here. I made a lot of really great friends and I look forward to the new friends I will make in Boston. 

Next time you hear from me, I'll be in the promised land.

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment