Monday, August 11, 2014

August 4,2014

Hey, I'm 21!

So I had the craziest, and I mean craziest 21st birthday. 

We left Hartford at about 8:30 to go to the temple for P and J's sealing. It was fun because I got to see a bunch of missionaries, including Sister H and several people from the branch. And then the sealing was AMAZING. It was such a spiritual experience. Plus, their son's D and L were there. During the sealing, the 2-year-old Lenny was trying to climb on the altar. It was adorable. And it was cool to go to my first sealing. During the sealing, L and H were down doing baptisms, which was really special too.

Then we left and ran into a disgusting amount of traffic on the freeway. It took us 3 hours to get home, instead of 1 1/2. When we got back to Hartford, we went to P's reception to help finish setting up. We justified staying at the reception because there were a lot of non-members there and they talked about the temple and eternal families, so it was totally a missionary related activity. There was also food. We actually had a dinner appointment so we didn't really eat anything.....but we left pamphlets and temple cards for people to take. 
 
Afterwards, we went out to dinner with O, one of our investigators. They took us out for pizza, which was really good. It was a great dinner. O is progressing SO MUCH! Especially after our appointment with him last night. He basically invited himself to be baptized...the only problem is that he and R, his girlfriend, need to get married because they're living together. So we need to work that out, but he has a really strong desire to become a member of the church and follow Christ. It was almost an abrupt change from how he was last week. I think the biggest difference is that he has been reading the book of mormon everyday. The gospel changes people, I've seen it.
 
And on top of everything that happened. I was SICK! I've had a cold for most of the week that still wasn't gone on my birthday. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever been sick on my birthday. But compared to everything that happened, being sick was nothing. And I'm feeling a lot better today! 

So that was my birthday! 

The rest of our week was also interesting. Our district has changed quite a bit. There's another greenie that our district leader is training and we have a new zone leader. We've also been working hard meeting with some members and investigators. It's a new month so we have a fresh set of goals! We're excited for August!

There's a lot of good things happening in Hartford!

Hope you have a great week!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment