Sunday, August 3, 2014

July 28, 2014

Another week! We went on exchanges again with our sister training leaders. This time Sister H came to Hartford with me. We're both the older companions in our companionships so it was fun to share mission stories with each other. She's about to start her last transfer so she had a lot of fun stories to tell. 

We also had transfer texts on Friday! I was really nervous for t texts. I REALLY wanted to stay in Hartford, but I was nervous that I would get transferred. Well the good news is...I didn't get transferred! Sister B and I will be companions for 6 more weeks! I'm so happy. There are too many things going on this transfer that I didn't want to miss. For example, my birthday, L's birthday, my "99" (There's a restaurant here called 99 and it's tradition that missionaries go there when they have 99 days left), P's sealing, H getting his mission call, a member, N, coming back from a trip to Peru, a Joseph Smith fireside Pres. P is giving in Harford, and finishing Sister B's training, among other things. This is going to be a fun transfer and I was going to be really bummed if I left.

More good news! J came to church yesterday! We were so excited. It was even better because H sat next to him and explained everything, like the sacrament and the speakers. It was GREAT! I love it when the members help us because, as much as I want to be able to do everything, we just can't. And, believe it or not, the members are better missionaries than we are. So we were happy to have J there. We introduced him to President M and other members of the branch. Then we had a lesson with him in the afternoon. It went really well, even though he declined the invitation to be baptized. I feel like he opened up to us a lot more, and even though he says he's not ready to be baptized, he still wants to keep learning about the gospel. He said he feels really good at church and whenever we come to his house. But when he's out with his friends, it's hard to keep that good feeling so sometimes he falls into temptation. The poor guy is so hard on himself. We haven't even taught him about the commandments yet. He's great though. I think my favorite part is how determined H is to baptize him. He's definitely gotten bit by the missionary bug.

We also met with a less active family on Saturday night. The M's. They are a great family that loves to feed us. I've always felt this unwillingness to come back to church or even listen to a message from us. Every time we've gone over they have a bunch of other people over to make is difficult for us to share a message. Saturday night was different though. We got there and Sister M told us she had invited somebody from work who is pregnant and was wondering if we would be able to say a prayer for her that the pregnancy would be okay. We agreed of course. A few minutes later another family from the branch showed up--the G family. They were just as surprised as we were to get an invitation to have dinner at the M's. But they enthusiastically came and we had a great dinner together. Brother G brought up the Priesthood and Brother M admitted that he didn't really know what the Priesthood was and that he didn't have it (according to our records he actually has the aaronic priesthood, but he obviously doesn't really know what that means) So we explained what the Priesthood was and had a great discussion about the blessings of the Priesthood. It was hands down, the best appointment with the M's that I'd ever had. I don't know if they're ready to come back to church yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

We're really excited for this week because our Relief Society president, P and her husband J are getting sealed in the Boston Temple! They have been married for 10 years and have 2 sons, but a few years ago they were baptized and have been preparing to go to the temple and get sealed. Sister H and I went to the temple with them a couple months ago when they got endowed, but this Saturday they'll be getting sealed (yes, on Aug 2. Best birthday present ever!!) The only problem at this point is that J has been in the hospital since Saturday with a fever. Apparently, they'll be finding out today what's wrong with him, but the whole branch has been praying that he will get better before Saturday. 

Well, I'm excited for another 6 weeks in Hartford! This is going to be a great transfer! I can't believe it's my 3rd to last! I'm still working hard, trying to enjoy every single moment. I know the next 4 months are going to go by way too fast. Don't blink! 

Have a fantastic week!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment