Sunday, September 29, 2013

September 9, 2013

This week was pretty good. We had a lot less proselytizing time, but we managed to do more than we did last week! The conference in Curicó was really good. Elder Fansico J Viñas came and talked to us about...missionary work! Imagine that. It was cool to meet more people in my mission. I met a sister from Brazil named Hermana S. She's uber nice. We were talking and she told me that she lived in Boise for a while in college. So we talked about Boise for a bit and I asked, "By any chance do you know E M?" And guess what. She knows E! How crazy is that! She's from Brazil, we're in Chile and she knows E M! So that was super cool.  But yeah, there are a lot of really great people in my mission. No, Elder A wasn't there, it was only half the mission. But did I tell you that Hermana M first zone leader was Elder A? She was also in his district. 

So something kinda sad happened this week. We had an emergency transfer. I don't know why, but Hermana S got transfered to the Rancagua area. Hermana S and I were pretty close so I was really bummed. She's also training right now, which is a tad bit scary for her. We were on the same plane to Chile. Not to mention she's training a gringa. Usually the gringas train the latinas and vice versa. But she's training a gringa that doesn't know very much spanish! Hna S knows a lot of spanish, but she's still not fluent. She was scared, but of all people, I would pick her for this emergency transfer too. She's an amazing person. 
But now, I'm currently the only english speaker in the apartment. So I think my spanish is going to improve tenfold this transfer. My spanish is coming along quite a bit. I can understand about 90-95% of everything people say. I still struggle with speaking a bit, but I'm a lot better. And I can get my point across, I just still have to think about what I'm saying. I still have a lot to learn, but it will come. And I'm surprized with how much I know already.

Anywho, I don't think anything else very exciting happened this week. The zone came to constitución today to go to the beach! Woo! Conti is the best! Oh and we've started teaching english classes! It was going to be me, Hna S and Elder S, but now it will just be me and Elder S since Hna S left.... :( Oh yeah, it's slightly difficult to teach your language in a different language. Just saying.


Oh and tell dad I say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Tell him he's awesome and has been an amazing example to me these last 20 years. (yikes, 20 years?!)

I love you all! Stay awesome!

Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment