Monday, March 31, 2014

March 24, 2014

So last week my email was super short and I forgot to tell you it was because we were going to go to Salem with a member in the ward which is why it was so short. But I sent you a postcard! I hope you got it. I also have pictures!

Basically Salem was a TON of fun. Half of the cool places were closed though because it's the off season, but they're all expensive anyway. The best part though was that we found....a HARRY POTTER store!! I was ECSTATIC!  It was the coolest thing ever. There, I bought a Gryffindor hat. Then we went walking around. The members (The Steadmans) showed us a historic home of an lds guy that ended up going west. It was cool because Brigham Young was staying at that house when he found out Joseph Smith had been martyred. It was interesting....but it was just a house. Then we went to a cemetery that was kinda creepy, but really cool. They also had a memorial site for all the people who had been hanged for being witches. Except one old guy who as crushed to death. That was really cool. Then we found a WAND SHOP and I bought a wand. It was so cool in there. There was a candle and if you waved the wand it would turn on and off. That's how you knew if it was the right wand, because as you know the wand chooses the wizard. I was debating between two different wands--the Hermione inspired wand and the Bellatrix Lestrange inspired wand. The Bellatrix wand didn't even work for me so I went with the Hermione wand. Duh. Then we went to a warf where a lighthouse was. It was really pretty there, although there wasn't much to do. We got a lot of really good pictures though.
So that was Salem.

There other big news is that we had transfers texts! It was a surprise, but I'm actually getting transferred! I'm heading to Hartford Connecticut. I'll be finishing my companion's training. I'm really excited, but also kind of sad. It's always the same with transfers.

So N officially has a baptismal date! She's getting baptized on May 3rd! I obviously won't be there, but I'm REALLY excited for her! She was one of those golden investigators. She's awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to come back for her baptism.


Con amor,
Hermana Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment